Monday, January 03, 2005

Contemporary Verse 2

I am considering submitting some poems to this magazine. It is a biggie and Im a bit intimidated. However, their deadline - Feb 15 - is for an issue that has a weather theme. A lot of my poems involve the weather

Contemporary Verse 2
207-100 Arthur St
Winnipeg MB R3B 1H3
Managing Editor: Clarise Foster

Here are the poems I am considering

Battabap
What if it's endless
Days of Flood
Love Falling
Fighting Fish
Snow

All will need revision. Some are quite old. And I have to wait until I hear from the CBC - however, likely if they havent contacted me yet, I did not make the shortlist. Last year they telephoned before Christmas I think.

UPDATE: Sent the poems in January 6. Did some revision, especially on Days of Flood. Today I was thinkin DOH! I had trouble getting that one print published earlier because it had appeared in the local newspaper insert. Oh well, i don't think it will get chosen anyhow - it just doesnt seem to work somehow. My favourite in the list is Love Falling. Never got rave reviews but it is typical of my voice i think. If i have a 'voice' yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete Ernst said...

Send! Send! Send out your poems!

I love "InCafe". (Some of the others I don't know if I have read.)

Wondering Male

2:06 PM  
Blogger Squamish Writers Group said...

OK, I did it. Poems are going out today

thanks for the encouragement

yf

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home