Saturday, August 27, 2005

arrgh Summer!

So easy breezey - what's a poet to do? Oh I wander about, crit here crit there, read, pretend I'm actually doing something productive kaff kaff gag. I wanna write a poem dammit!

Well yah yah I know what I have to do. Sit down, type some words. Type type type. Doesn't matter what they are. Type type type. On my wall, a calendar full of black and white photos of trains - steam engines huffing under moons, past limned trees. In front of the calendar, a gold robot stuffed and oh so soft - he's waving to me. Three medals, two bronze, one gold. A dried rose from daughter number two's wedding. Three daughters caught mid-pose.

Three Candles, the poetry forum, has closed. Not sure why Steve chose this course as there were quite a few good poets posting and critting and some newcomers too. He cited lack of time in his email. Poetry Forums come and go, it seems. First Melic this summer and now 3 Candles.

Meanwhile, In The Writers Studio is developing at a rapid pace - lots of poets, great serious critiques. Those who might wonder where Mike Duron's APAD went, the poets are now posting on ITWS's 30Days/30Poems. I first met many of the poets that hang with ITWS in the Poetry Writers Workshop which is conducted via email. I think ITWS should be a member of the IPBC but they were told there wasn't room. With the loss of Melic, I think there might be. Certainly there would be a lot of great poems submitted from this site.

Have I mentioned Blueline? Submit your poem to Heavy Duty and you are guaranteed of at least 5 in-depth critiques produced in an anonymous process - when we crit, we don't know the name of the poet. We receive the poems via email, then when all crits are in, HA posts to the forum. The poems are then open to further critique. HA has a lot of great poets on board. It's is a unique approach. But then, there is no 'tradition' or 'rule' when it comes to the internet.

Cheers

1 Comments:

Blogger Arlene said...

Aaargh, summer indeed, Jude!! I've fallen back myself, but hope to be back in September at Blueline and ITWS.

That's sad about three candles. Haven't even dipped my foot in the water there. Steve Mueske did leave a note at his blog (http://accordingtoess.blogspot.com/) saying he'll be making it a private workshop--on invitation or serious application only.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home