Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Glow Stix

- arrived today. I have no more excuses. A box, travel weary, full of dark, uncracked tubes - showing up late but showing up nonetheless. What am I waiting for? Time to plunk my own carton-butt down, tear away the packing tape, spew a few foam chunks -

I had a shitty day. No, really. The toilet, full, overflowed. Running down to find the plunger, I stumbled through doggie do- my house stunk. Everything was mixed in with leftover hallowe'en - and rain and mud.

I've been overwhelmed. Sometime last month I discovered infinity and my mind snapped. I lifted my head from the pillow one morning and realized I was a grain of sand, a kernel of rice, a single 13-card deal.

The ground doesn't open like a mouth around my feet. It's just cold and muddy. I see it only when rushing in and out of my daughter's school or to and from her swim lessons. I'm a witness to its solidity as I stand with a hose, spraying the dog-do from my verandah steps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

Sorry you're having a bad time. I think if I were having such a bad time, I might do something out of the ordinary for myself that I would enjoy very much: something special to remind myself that there are good things in life I can still savor.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home