Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sea to Sky Anthology : Acceptance

I have just been informed that the three poems I submitted for an Anthology have been accepted. The poems are Murderers, Listen-, and Hush. This is pretty exciting for me, and brings me one step closer to applying for a grant. It is also a local publication which makes me feel good - although I have submitted many poems to local journals (being BC, Canada) I've not had much luck with acceptances.

No word as yet from the works sent out a few weeks ago which isn't necessarily bad news - many of them will respond by email so they must be considering my stuff. I like to suggest the journals reply by email - it makes so much more sense than paper, envelope and stamp!

I did not hear anything from the CBC Literary Awards so I am considering it a total wash. In 2003 my poems (written in 2002) were shortlisted and I honestly felt my poems from 2005 were much better! Oh well, will try again next year.

Dentist today. Gotta run
J

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

Congratulations on the acceptance!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home