Friday, April 28, 2006

I Have an Idea!

How about a new poetry forum. Ya ya I know, we have so many. But here's one we don't have.

Post poems for comment (not critique)
Post as often as you want.
For each poem posted, comment on a minimum of 7 other poems.

The usual other guidelines apply.

That's it!

A place to showcase, or test, your poems. Somewhere that is active and alive. Similar to the 30-30 forums but without the pressure of posting a poem every day.

For examples of comment, see Blueline House of 30.

Why do we need this? Because outside the 30-30 forums, there is nowhere a poet can post daily. Sometimes, that's what I want to do, and I'm eager to get genuine comment and lots of it.

What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger walter said...

A great idea, I am new to the world of bloggers, I have just started my own, it is a mixture of poems and a diary. Apart from my family no one has commented on my poetry. The feedback from my family is favourable, but I would want to know what strangers think of my efforts at poetry.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

Start a MySpace blog and invite other people (poets and non-poets) to it. If you blog it, they will comment. See mine at

http://blog.myspace.com/bobahop

6:04 AM  
Blogger Squamish Writers Group said...

Hi Walter - I'll let you know when I have it ready to go

Hey Bob, thanks for your comment as always! I do have poems on a blog, but comments are rare. 7-12 comments per poem, posted within hours, is more my speed. A forum would concentrate it all - and it saves a reader from having to travel about .

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home