Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Poet Blogs and update

Holy cow! The longest ever list of poet blogs can be found on Whimsey Speaks - I even found my own name there! Poets are listed alphabetically.

Double cow - thanks to Bob's comment, we have found the really longest ever list of poet blogs on Ron Sillimian's blog, also listed alphabetically.

Not much new in the old publication world, but here's an update. Nothing yet from all the submissions in January. More recent submissions include:

Comstock Review, 5 poems, March 2
Pedestal (again), 6 poems, March 30 (won't be read until end of April).

Some successes, however:

I have written a few poems lately that I like.

One of my poems was shortlisted on Jane Duran's workshop on the Guardian.

I am on poem number 20 in the Blueline House of 30. That's the farthest I have ever managed!

Spring has arrived, I'll paste a pic here from a walk on the waterfront and a walk on one of our rivers.

I live in the palm of God.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat Paulk said...

I've had my fair share of rejection from one of those!!! Love the pics, yes you do live in the palm of God!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

I thought Ron Silliman had the longest list of poetry blogs...

I have nothing new to report on the publication front: I have several submissions out; no responses yet.

6:12 AM  
Blogger michi said...

congrats on the guardian shortlist, jude. spring's arrived here, too, it seems - definitely true if i go by my itching eyes and the frequency of sneezes!

i don't know if you ever saw that note i left here some other time, but i passed through your little town ages ago, in 1993, when my (now) husband and i travelled parts of ontario and BC. a lot of BC is much like austria, though not the sea, obviously.

enjoy your spring!

michi

2:13 PM  
Blogger Squamish Writers Group said...

Maybe Austria and my part of Canada are at the same latitude. We are! I just looked it up. Well, Vienna and Vancouver anyhow. Vienna is 48N16 and Vancouver is 49N16 - cool. Your weather sounds exactly like mine that's for sure. Cold, rain, some snow and sleet. Doesn't sound like April. The big egg hunt is gonna be inside today, that's for sure.

Happy Easter everyone
Jude

10:12 AM  
Blogger michi said...

the whistler area looks like the tyrol, and parts of salzburg and carinthia, jude. it was really quite funny to pass through the area where they have these austrian street names (toni sailer lane etc named after skiers)!

hope all the easter baskets have been found by now.

:) m

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home