Saturday, May 27, 2006

headache and robbery

My niece's visit ended sadly with a broken window and a stolen stereo this morning. Someone saw the perp, young and skinny, black hoodie with a white lining - that should be easy to find, on sale right now and a hundred on the rack - 3 am in the morning. I remember that time, it belongs to youth. Padded skate shoes walking through a complex leaving no echo, just a silent lifting - right there, under the pink glow of the street lamp.

I have a brilliant headache. The kind that makes my cheek disappear, the bone, the sinews, the molars, the caverns and tunnels - all that's left is the eyeball, red and pulsing mid-air, it's the pulsing that keeps me from writing -

5 Comments:

Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

Ouch!

Hope you feel better soon.

7:55 AM  
Blogger michi said...

ouch and ouch!

i had that kind of headache yesterday too - it can really spoil the day!

hope you are better,
m

12:13 PM  
Blogger Rus Bowden said...

Hi Jude,

It's two days later, by the time I see you haven't been doing well.

Hope you're better.

Rus

3:47 AM  
Blogger lorguru said...

It seems to me that you ARE writing. Your blog post is rather poetic!
Feel better soon!
lauren

5:05 PM  
Blogger Squamish Writers Group said...

Thanks you guys for your kind comments. I'm back, bright as ever. Don't want to be doing the old spinning eyeball thing again soon, that's for sure. I'm one of the lucky people who rarely gets headaches.

<<< hugs to my online friends >>>

Jude

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home