Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Poet Sandi Blakemore-Baig (gigster) has died

Here is a thread with poems and links

Sandi Blakemore-Baig - RIP, October 29th, 2006

Sandi was an online poet friend. We encouraged each other, met up on various boards. I recently ran into Sandi on Blueline and invited her over to The Waters. She came, started posting and criquing - I am so sad she is gone.

Northern Comfort

She warms milk on the stove,
pours it in her mug,
cherishes soft oatmeal
cookies filled with cream.

In the distance, the clicks
of hockey sticks on ice
create an odd comfort
on a cold snowball night.

by Sandi Blakemore-Baig

2 Comments:

Blogger Arlene said...

OMG. I'm so saddened and shocked by this news, Jude. We did some daily-poem months in Blueline... and I published her poetry in Niederngasse.

Thanks for sharing. I'll tell the Blueline people. I don't think they know yet.

Arlene

2:00 AM  
Blogger Squamish Writers Group said...

Thanks Arlene. I did post a note to Allen and Rus posted an announcement in their IBPC Newswire section.

It is sad, and we're missing her over on The Waters. She was such a positive presence

Jude

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home